- Full name & address of the company?
- Does the company provide a waver of lien upon completion?
- Is the company a licensed or credential contractor?
- How long has the company been in business?
- Will the company provide referrals or references from previous jobs?
- What is the company’s workmanship warranty?
- Is the contractor a member of the BBB & if so what is its track record?
Payment terms should be written out fully with no room for misunderstandings.
Also know that if the contactor is removing a satellite dish, the dish should be placed back in same location, however redirecting the dish for signal is not the contractor’s responsibility & should be done only by your dish company.
Be sure and remove any items from walls located in the inside of the home that may fall due to the vibrations.
Most importantly agree to an inspection of the property before the job starts. Make a walk through of the house and note any discoloration on ceilings, which may be due to leakage. Take special care to list the conditions of the landscaping and anything located near roof eaves. However, do not be unreasonable on your expectations. Some possible damage to landscaping could occur.